Deploying (python) app - I have a Dockerfile, docker-compose.yaml, project.env

Hi,

I have a python app that works in my own docker environment.

I’m using a Dockerfile ends with:
ENTRYPOINT [ "python3", "-m" ]

I’m also using a docker-compose.yaml that specifies volumes, ports, etc and also command:
command:
- “app”

(so basically, I’m running)
python3 -m app

In addition, my docker-compose.yaml uses lots of environment variables. I’m starting it with:
_UID=$(shell id -u) _GID=$(shell id -g) docker-compose --env-file src/project.env up --detach

My docker build command tags the image with a tag that the docker-compose.yaml is expecting, using environment variables, which is read from a project.env file

This all works in my own docker setup, but could you please point me to a guide/tutorial to make all this work on Qovery?

Thanks!

Hi @stock90975,

Unfortunately docker-compose files are not supported at the moment by Qovery but it will in the next release :wink:

Hi,

Yes it will work, Qovery supports your needs. However not in place with the docker-compose, because as @Stun3R said, it will only be available in the next release.

Waiting for it, here are some useful links to help you build your qovery.yml configuration file to do so:

1. Manage your port: Applications | Docs | Qovery
  2. Manage volumes: Storage | Docs | Qovery
  3. Environment variables: Environment Variables | Docs | Qovery (can also be done from the webui, it will be more user friendly)

Hope it will help

1 Like